Happy Earth Day!
Today is the day we all can look a little closer at our actions and realize there are things we can do to make the place we live a little prettier and a little healthier for those you occupy it now, and for future generations (aka your kiddos, grand-kiddos, nieces, nephews, etc).
Here are 5 easy ways to celebrate Earth Day –each and every day.
1) Eat organic foods and drinks- when we spray pesticides and herbicides, we not only consume them with our foods but we kill off species – and let’s face it, no matter how much you may not like bugs, each and every one has a specific purpose (more clearly so than our own).
2) Cut back on meat – Not only for your health, but for the health of the Earth and our resources. Think of all the land and water used to grow grains, grass, and corn. The think of how much of it is fed to animals, so that we can eat them. They are the middleman here – cut out the meat consumption and there is more water, land, and plants for all.
3) Carry a canvas bag to the store: Let go of the need for plastic, not only at the grocery store, but at big box stores and your favorite boutiques. Paper bags kill trees (unless they are recycled, but that still takes up resources) and plastic bags fill our landfills, oceans, and increase the need for petroleum. Carry a bag with you and you can reduce the need for all of this.
4) Walk, bike, or carpool when you can: Your back and forth travels take quite a toll on the environment. Some easy ways to reduce this are to drive with a friend to work. Ride your bike, or walk, whenever possible – plus, you get Vitamin D AND exercise, this one if really a win-win.
5) Follow the 3 R’s: Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. You know them. You probably learned them at a young age. Reduce the amount of throw away, non-biodegradable items. Reduce the amount you consume – see if you can buy less. Reuse your items. See if you can repurpose something or use it in a different way be for you get rid of it. And if you can’t do any of these, you can always recycle whenever possible. Turn the old thing into a new, completely different one.
Simple, easy ways to contribute to a brighter, shinier Earth – for you and yours and all beings everywhere.
Peace and Love,