Ever had one of those restaurant meals that was so, so good and seemed pretty easy to make at home, only it ended up tasting and looking completely different? That’s what this juice is.
I recently bought a bright yellow, cold-pressed juice at the healthy grocery store. It was juicy, super refreshing and unlike any other juice I had tried before. It listed the ingredients and the amount of each, so I decided to try and recreate it at home.
Simple enough, right? Wrong – instead of a golden yellow, mine looked like ecto-cooler -limey and neon green.
It looked a little funky, and I wasn’t sure if it would be any good. I hate wasting produce and juice, so I decided to drink it anyway, no matter what it tasted like.
After one sip, I realized I was completely wrong. This wasn’t what I set out to create, but it was even better than I had intended.
Sometimes a mistake or a blemish or a wrong turns out to be just the change you needed and better than you ever knew. It’s all about trusting the path the universe has mapped out – even when it comes to juicing – because sometimes the universe has something even better planned for you 🙂
Here is why this Universe Juice is so tasty and so good for you:
- It has vegetables that are sweet and juicy, but not sugary
- Cucumbers are low in sugar and high in water content, so they add a ton of liquid to your juice
- Yellow Bell Peppers are slightly sweet, but still basically a vegetable, so they aren’t very high in sugar
- It also has fruits that add sweetness and juiciness, without overloading it with sugar
- Tart apples, especially green apples, are lower in sugar, but still add plenty of juice and sweetness, without that sticky, sugary sweet flavor
- Limes (and lemons) act more like vegetables when broken down into juice, so they add flavor and nutrition, not a ton of sugar
- Pineapple does add sugar, but it’s super juicy and not the main ingredient. It also has digestive enzymes that help you absorb and digest all the nutrients and enzymes in your juice.
- It also contains basil, which kicks up the flavor, without adding any extra sugar
Makes 1-2 large juices
1 large bell pepper
1 large cucumber
2 large tart apples
1/4 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup pineapple
Add pineapple and basil to juicer. The juicy pineapple will help push the basil juice through. Then add lime, pepper, apples and cucumbers. Serve immediately, or store up to 8 hours, as the flavors start to change and the enzymes start to die off. You can also freeze it if you are making a large batch.
Want even more juice and smoothie recipes that taste delicious every time? Click below to download your free Hassle-Free Juices Guide.