Last Friday something big happened. The Big 3-0 to be exact.
I turned 30.
I celebrated the day with friends and family. I taught a class, went grocery shopping (so not a chore, I absolutely love it), got flowers form the grocery store manager, was gifted the perfect item for my upcoming trip to a possibly much colder Denver (although looking at the weather, it’s actually a little warmer there, go figure). I received a few workout pieces, those beautiful flowers at the store, and a handwritten note from my Mom. Lovely, practical, and surprising – 3 perfect things for a gift 🙂
We finished up with dinner in downtown Charleston, dessert, and wine. It was fun, festive, and a great start to a new decade.
I also talked to my big bro and big sis on my B-day (we all live in different states). My siblings and I talked a lot about what it means to transition form 20’s to 30’s – not the “getting old” part, but more if the “growing wiser” piece. Looking back on the previous 10 years and what the next 10 could hold, I wanted to share some thoughts.
My 20’s were filled with quite a few exciting and life-changing events:
– 2 graduations/degrees
– 2 new houses
– Living alone for the first time
– Finding myself, my opinions, my thoughts, my path
– Wedding, Marriage, and finally getting to see my best friend (hubby) every day after 5 years apart
– Heartbreak and Love and everything in between
– Multiple moves, including living in 3 different states
– New career and a total career change
-Multiple career certifications
– Attending my first funeral
– Yoga Teacher Training
– Getting hired, fired, laid-off, and learning when to quit
– Teaching my first yoga class
– Becoming vegan and then unvegan again
– Adopting my first dog
– Swearing I would never adopt a puppy again
– Adopting my second dog
– Starting a blog
– Writing my first paid article
– Getting published in a magazine
– Signing my first book deal
A few things I look forward to in the next 10 years:
– Travel More (already planned!)
– Watching my hubby follow his path and his dreams
– The publishing and release of my first book, Detox 101
– Many more books, articles, and perhaps some dvds on the horizon
– More moving (its inevitable at some point)
– Follow my dreams
– Live bigger and Love more
– Trust in the flow of the universe
– And as my siblings put it: Feeling more grounded, confident, wise, and comfortable in who I am
– And of course so much more…
Welcome to 30.
Peace and Love,