Light and Fresh Pasta Salad
The perfect light and airy pasta salad for your Spring lunches, picnics, and cook-outs.
Author: Jessi Andricks, The House of Healthy
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 cup gluten free pasta, cooked
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, sliced in quarters
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced in quarters
- 2 romaine leaves, chopped
- 2 handfuls spring mix, chopped
- 2 tbsp favorite french vinaigrette
- Prepare your vegetables while you cook your pasta. You can use any pasta you like, but to make the dish even healthier, go for a gluten free, whole grain or quinoa variety. I used a veggie-laced spiraled kind.
- Remove your pasta from the heat and drain. Rinse with cool water and set in an ice bath or the refrigerator to cool. Let cool for at least 10 minutes or until ready to use.
- Once ready, add vegetables, chickpeas, and pasta to a bowl. Top with your dressing and mix together thoroughly.
- If you want to make more, to share or to bring to a picnic, cookout, etc, double or even triple the recipe.
What are your fresh ingredients to cook with during the Spring?
Peace and Love,