One of the often overlooked items (beyond water and wine) at holiday festivities is the beverage. At our potluck (as you can tell, I made a few dishes for it!) I made a juice form my book, but decided to “spice” it up a bit, switch the ingredient amounts a little, and make it more “Holiday”.
This juice could be served as a fun and healthy light breakfast on Thanksgiving, or it could be part of your main entree or appetizers, perhaps made bubbly with some sparkling water.
- 1 small beet
- 1 carrot
- 1 inch ginger root
- 4 large apples
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- *optional ½ cup sparkling water
- Add vegetables, fruits, and ginger to juicer. Add you apples last to help push the smaller, less juicy items through.
- Stir in your cinnamon and serve.
- If you want to make it more of a punch, add some sparkling water.
- If you want to make a bigger batch, try multiplying for 2 or more people.
As you start getting ready for Thanksgiving, I wanted to take a moment to wish you a happy holiday and to also thank you so much for all your support over the past year. As this blog has grown, a book has been written, and programs have launched, I am so grateful for your patience and support. To help show my gratitude, I am offering a little Black Friday Sale. 20% off with the code BlackFriday20 on any program offered. Use the code at checkout. Code offered Friday through (cyber) Monday.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Peace and Love,